The Answer Is Here
stock photo
stock photo stock photo

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog InRegister
Storing my slides and prints
Posted by: Hank Sommers (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2012 11:14AM

I've been thinking about a better storage place for my slides and prints. Right now, they are in the attic. A few are in my desk and others in the proverbial "shoebox." Anyone heard of place to put them "in the cloud"? -Hank

Re: Storing my slides and prints
Posted by: Mike Karlsson (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2012 02:51PM

There are several digital storage alternatives such as carbonite, photoshelter etc. what I do is save on ultiple external hard-drives that I then store in different locations. One in my bank safety deposit box, one with a friend, one in my office etc. External hd's are cheap and - if you have goos USB or FireWire connections - quite fast. But god quality hd's though! I also use a Drobo backup system that automatically save a copy of new files I create. The advantage with multiple external hd's is that you're looking at a one-time cost buying the disks. Any "cloud" storage will likely come with a monthly fee...

Mike Karlsson
PhotoSource International
www.photosource.com
mike@photosource.com

Re: Storing my slides and prints
Posted by: Rohn_Engh (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2012 01:13PM

As the Baby Boomers get older, many are thinking in terms of storing their photos on the “cloud”. I came across a good article on the subject at http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/244949/the_cloud_day_13_storing_and_managing_pictures_in_the_cloud.html.
Of course, if your 1960’s photos are on slides and B&W prints you’ll want to look into scanning places. Here are some of the more popular ones. FotoBridge, DigitalPickle, GoPhoto, DigMyPics, PhotoBin, ScanCafe, ScanDigital, and LegacyPhoto. –Rohn

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/02/12 02:50PM by kbarrel.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 

Do the math:
43 + 36 =

Make PhotoSource International your start page. Keep up with the news, trends, and announcements in stock photography.
Click here for information on how to make our website the first page on your screen each morning. -Rohn Engh

"The busiest stock photo website on the Internet."

Keep us coming... here's where you go to

Link To Us